Professional Development Committee Bulletin, October 2021
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please email email@example.com.
Upcoming ARLIS/NA Virtual Events
- ArLiSNAP / VREPS Virtual Conference, November 13, 2021
- Texas/Mexico Fall Chapter Meeting, Nov. 4 & 5, 2021 (hybrid)
- Central Plains Fall Chapter Meeting, Nov. 4, 2021 - agenda and link forthcoming
- Northern California Fall Chapter Meeting, Nov. 4, 2021
Calls for Proposals/Papers
- Trans Asia Photography, Fall 2022 issue - Call for Papers - Due October 31, 2021
- Call for Posters, Lightning Talks, and Roundtable Discussions - ARLIS/NA Annual Conference, Past, Present, Future: Aspiring to New Heights, - Due November 1, 2021 - Submission Form (more detailed call in ARLIS-L).
- The Intersections of Open Educational Practices and Equity Pedagogy, (special issue for Journal of Multicultural Education) - Call for Papers - Due December 22, 2021 - Please contact Professor Stacy Katz with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call for proposals for California Conference on Library Instruction: Engaging in Speculative Pedagogy: Reimagining Library Futures with Creative Foresight (May 13, 2022, online). The deadline for proposal submissions is November 12, 2021: https://www.cclibinstruction.org/call-for-speaker-proposals-2022/
- Call for proposals for Acquisitions Institute at Timberline Lodge (May 21-24, 2022). The deadline for submitting a proposal is December 31, 2021: https://acquisitionsinstitute.org/2022-call-for-proposals/
Webinars, Virtual Conferences, and Learning Opportunities Beyond ARLIS/NA
- Global Inclusion, October 25-29, 2021, Hybrid (Virtual & in Atlanta, GA) - Global Inclusion is the only conference solely dedicated to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the field of global education and cultural exchange. https://conference.diversitynetwork.org/
- “Ottoman Librarians and Their Metadata,” Center for Palestine Studies, Columbia University, October 28, 2021, 1-2:15 p.m. ET, online
- International Visual Literacy Association, November 4-6, online - The conference theme is Seeing Across Disciplines: Visual Literacy and Education. The conference will bring together different theoretical viewpoints and practices on visual literacy, joining scholars, students, and practitioners from all over the world in an interesting exchange of ideas. https://ivlaconference.org/
- DLF Forum, November 1-3, online - https://forum2021.diglib.org/
- NSDA DigiPres, November 4, online - https://ndsa.org/conference/
- Learn@DLF, November 8-10, online - https://forum2021.diglib.org/learndlf/
- Digital GLAM Spaces Conference: Building a Community of Practice for User Experience and Accessibility, November 10th, online: https://glamalliance.uoregon.edu.
Compiled by the Professional Development Committee: Courtney Hunt (Chair), Shoshana Vegh-Gaynor, Michele Jennings, Martha Neth, Marty Miller, Claire Payne, Madison Sullivan