Tap into the largest and strongest network of art information professionals.
By joining ARLIS/NA you are tapping into the largest and strongest network of art information professionals. Take advantage of the Society's programming and publications, professional development opportunities, networking resources, and forum for thought-provoking discourse.
Membership Categories and Dues
|Member Category||USA Dues*||Canada Dues*||Mexico Dues*||International Dues*
(includes USA Territories)
-Open to first time members only
-Limit of 3 years
*All dues are listed in US Dollars; rates effective for 2022 membership year (January 1-December 31, 2022)
Membership is based on a calendar-year which runs from January 1 through December 31 of each year. New members will receive all periodical issues for the year in which they join the Society. Membership applications received on or after October 1 will be valid through following membership year.
Membership in ARLIS/NA is owned by the individual, not the organization with whom the member is affiliated or the organization which paid for the membership. The membership is neither transferable nor assignable.
Membership subscriptions may be cancelled within 30 days of application receipt for full refund.
What Your Membership Includes
- Discounted conference rates
- Ability to participate in Divisions, Sections and Special Interest Groups
- Option to join multiple chapters (additional fees apply)
- Subscription to Art Documentation
- Access to members-only web content and the online member directory
- For further details, visit the Member Benefits page
ARLIS/NA welcomes all individuals interested in the purposes of the Society. The Individual membership type, which includes the introductory membership rate for the first year (limited to one year), provides full access to all member benefits.Join as Individual
The Retired membership type, available for retired art information professionals, provides full access to all member benefits.
The Student membership type, available for students within the art information and cognate disciplines for a maximum of three years, provides full access to all member benefits.
The Bridge/Unemployed membership type is available for those who seek to retain their individual membership and are currently experiencing financial hardship. The membership offers a reduced dues rate while continuing to provide full access to all member benefits.
The Business Affiliate membership type is open to companies and organizations that share in the mission of ARLIS/NA. The membership, which is associated with a single designated representative (individual), includes:
- Four broadcast email communications per calendar year to ARLIS/NA members;
- Access to the online member directory;
- Discounted conference rates for the designated representative of the organization;
- Participation in all Divisions, Sections, and Special Interest Groups for the designated representative of the organization; and
- One individual subscription to Art Documentation for the designated representative of the organization.