COVID-19 Guidelines and Precautions
Our Commitment to You
We are excited to reunite with ARLIS/NA members and exhibitors at the ARLIS/NA 2022 Annual Conference. As we look forward to joining together in celebration to mark the society’s 50th Anniversary, we want to assure you that health and safety are our priority. We will be closely following local and national health recommendations and will be quick to communicate any changes to policies, guidelines, and precautions during the months leading up to the conference.
We are requiring:
Proof of Vaccination
All conference attendees and staff are required to be fully vaccinated, which is defined as being at least two weeks after receipt of the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or at least two weeks after receipt of one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All attendees will be required to upload proof of vaccination through the third-party vendor hired to verify the results to gain admission to the conference.
Masks at All Indoor Conference Activities
We have chosen to keep our mask requirement in place for all indoor conference activities, with the exception of presenting, eating, and drinking. This, coupled with our vaccine requirement, ensures we're all able to gather together safely for our in-person conference. We look forward to joyful reunions and celebrations in Chicago.
ARLIS/NA has taken a number of precautions to minimize risk of exposure to COVID-19 including:
Hotel Event Venues, Tours and Childcare
Contracts with the Hyatt Regency, Chicago Cultural Center and Museum of Contemporary Art, and Childcare Provider stipulate that staff are fully vaccinated and all are following CDC, IDPH and Chicago guidelines. We have vetted tour sites for COVID-19 protocols, guidelines, requirements and staff vaccination statuses and will work with the sites to provide proof of vaccination of ARLIS/NA members, when required.
Hotel Precautions and Amenities:
- Contactless check-in and check-out is available
- Cashless transactions are available
- Commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
- Property follows sanitization practices of GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation (global expert)
- Bed sheets and towels are washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
- Food service has been amended for enhanced safety
- Individually-wrapped food options are available
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitizer
- Not travelling if you feel sick
- Use of hand sanitization stations
- Washing hands frequently
- Not attending sessions, workshops, events or tours if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 such as:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact Megan Brouwer, CMP, Meeting Planner with any questions, concerns, or to report a positive case.
email@example.com or call 978-674-6211