2019 Study Tour Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and contributions by ARLIS/NA members, a $1,000 scholarship will be offered to enable an early career ARLIS/NA member to participate in the annual ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour sponsored by the International Relations Committee (IRC). The 2019 Study Tour will take place in Venice, Italy, from June 10-16, 2019. The full itinerary of this unique, behind-the-scenes, opportunity to study special collections at the city’s renowned libraries, museums and archives may be found on the ARLIS/NA website.
March 18, 2019
ARLIS/NA members who have held a full-time professional position(s) for seven years or less and who have not previously joined an IRC Study Tour.
What are the commitments associated with the 2019 IRC Study Tour scholarship?
- Complete application by deadline (March 18, 2019)
- Participate in ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour to Venice, Italy, June 10-16, 2019
- Assist the study tour leaders with documentation during and after the tour, including posts on ARLIS/NA social media
- Assist with the half-day symposium in Venice
- Following the tour, write a blog post about your experience for the ARLIS/NA web site
- Organize any relevant materials for sharing on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Share ideas for ongoing collaboration with Venetian libraries and librarians
- Provide input to IRC, Professional Development Committee, Awards Committee, ArLiSNAP, and other groups to develop future scholarship opportunities
To apply for the 2019 ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour Scholarship, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your current C.V. by March 18, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of IRC members, and applicants will be notified of their status by March 25, 2019.
A guaranteed place for the tour will be held for the scholarship recipient. Funding will be awarded after the recipient registers for the study tour and provides the down payment.