Women's Studio Workshop
Contact: Carlie Waganer
Address: 722 Binnewater Lane, Kingston, NY 12401 USA
Phone: (845) 658-9133
Each term, WSW hosts a team of studio interns who work directly with the Studio Manager and Artistic Director. You’ll work on projects that may include printmaking, letterpress, papermaking, and book arts, in addition to assisting with the ongoing operations of the facility. Studio interns are crucial participants in WSW’s creative community. You’ll be asked to work hard and in return will be encouraged, supported, and challenged in your artistic lives.
Are you interested in having access to WSW’s studio facilities, and do you excel at detail management, writing, and public relations? You might want to apply for our Nonprofit Management Internship!
- Working with resident artists in the studio, as necessary, but especially for artist’s book production
- Assisting workshops and classes (Summer Art Institute for spring term, Art-in-Education for fall term)
- Maintaining studio functionality: servicing and troubleshooting equipment, performing organizational and cleaning projects, turning over resident housing, and potluck setup/breakdown
- Completing other studio design/print projects as necessary (i.e. posters for Art-in-Education or Chili Bowl, thank you cards, t-shirts, etc.)
- Experience in at least two of the following areas: silkscreen, letterpress, printmaking, papermaking, book arts, or graphic design
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for working with many different people in a studio environment
- Additional studio knowledge that may be useful: photography, darkroom operations, or ceramics. (Please note: while studio interns have access to the ceramics studio in their off-time, they do not work in that department.)
All internships include a private room in WSW’s on-campus Anne Atwood House and a stipend of $600/month. Interns work 40 hours/week, generally Monday through Friday, 9:00-5:00, but the schedule may change to accommodate the Workshop’s programming. Interns have access to the studios for their own work outside of regular working hours and with respect to studio programming. The internship session culminates in a group exhibition of work created during the term.
Pay type: paid
Course credit: Not Available
Deadline for submission: March 15, 2022 12AM