Search Reopened- Assistant Librarian, Cataloging - The Museum of Modern
Location: New York, NY
Employment Term: Full time, fixed-term, 12 month position. Starts as soon as possible
Employer Contact: Michelle Elligott; Chief of Archives, Library, and Research Collections: Michelle_Elligott@moma.org
The Museum of Modern Art is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Librarian in the Archives, Library, and Research Collections Department. This is a fixed-term, 12 month position.
- Provides original and copy cataloging metadata for general and special collections materials in multiple formats as needed (including exhibition catalogs, monographs, artists’ books, zines, photobooks, artist files, graphic materials, etc.) and according to current standards, including Library of Congress Subject Headings, LC classifications, and local practices.
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the above functions described above or to the daily operations of the Archives, Library, and Research Collections department.
- ALA-accredited master’s degree in information or library science.
One to three years experience with original and adaptive cataloging in a variety of formats (print, non-print, digital).
- Experience with current standards for bibliographic and authority data (e.g., MARC, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LCC).
- Experience with an integrated library system (e.g., III Sierra, Alma) and associated tools, including OCLC Connexion, RDA toolkit and Cataloger’s Desktop programs.
Demonstrates outstanding team orientation, flexibility, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and to reach high and low shelves.
Fully vaccinated with a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or the World Health Organization authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a qualified disability or sincerely held religious belief or other legal basis).
- Experience using the Alma/Primo VE integrated library system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of twentieth and twenty-first-century art, art historical reference sources and other related research material.
- Reading knowledge of one or more languages in addition to English.
- Familiarity with artists’ books and their associated cataloging issues and standards.
Reports to: Head of Metadata and Systems