Librarian/Cataloger (Part-Time) - Cranbrook Academy of Art
Employment Term: Part-Time (25 hours/week)
Employer Contact: Judy Dyki
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Catalog all materials for CAA Library collection using OCLC Connexion software, MARC format, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, and LC classification.
• Download new MARC records to SirsiDynix Horizon system and maintain existing records in system.
• Create original records in OCLC for unique materials.
• Manage DVD recordings of in-house lectures.
• Maintain CONTENTdm database of images and metadata from graduating students.
• Work with materials in various formats and multiple languages.
• Provide reference and research assistance to all patrons using the library collections.
• Participate in day-to-day operation of the library, including circulation, directional assistance, maintenance of library security, supervision/training of student library assistants.
• Work some weekend shifts during the academic year.
• Manage the library in the absence of the Director of Academic Programs and Library.
• Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program (or equivalent qualification)
• Cataloging experience with OCLC Connexion software
• Knowledge of MARC, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, and LC classification
• Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
• Additional degree in Art, Art History, or Humanities
• Professional experience in academic or art library
• Experience using SirsiDynix Horizon system
• Experience using Classification Web software
• Experience using CONTENTdm digital collection management system
This part-time position includes eligibility for paid time off, participation in retirement programs with employer contribution, and a unique environment in an educational setting that values collaboration.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit a resume and completed employee application to: Cranbrook – HR, P.O. Box 801, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303-0801, or email email@example.com, or fax (248) 645-3014. Applications may be downloaded from the Employment page of Cranbrook’s website at www.cranbrook.edu/employment. A fully completed employment application is required for consideration.