Human Sciences Librarian - Auburn University Libraries
Job Description Summary:
- Serve as liaison and provide outreach to students, staff, and faculty in the College of Human Sciences’ Departments of Nutrition, Dietetics and Hospitality Management; Consumer and Design Sciences; Human Development & Family Science; and Global Education.
- Provide subject-specific research assistance to support teaching, learning, and research in assigned liaison departments in the College of Human Sciences.
- Develop outcome-based information literacy instruction sessions and online instructional materials for the assigned subject areas.
- Engage in collection development, management, and assessment for assigned subject areas.
- Provide general reference services, both virtual and in-person, for the University community as well as members of the public.
- Maintain current awareness of issues, trends, standards, and best practices in higher education and the library and information science profession, including those related to research and educational technologies and scholarly communication.
- Master of Library Science or similar graduate degree from an ALA, or equivalent, accredited program at the time employment begins.
- An academic degree in a subject discipline that relates to one or more of the College of Human Sciences liaison areas of nutrition, dietetics, consumer and design sciences, life sciences, human development and family studies, or comparable professional experience in one or more of these areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using information sources in human science fields
- Strong commitment to excellence in user service and improving the user experience
- Adaptability, flexibility, and willingness to engage in continuous learning to meet the changing needs of library users
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong and effective written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to successfully handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work both independently as well as collegially and productively in a team environment
- Potential to meet university promotion and tenure requirements for library faculty
- Advanced degree in any discipline(s) that relate to the liaison subject areas
- Experience providing research assistance, instruction, collection development, and liaison services in an academic library or special library setting
- Experience creating content and delivering instruction in online settings
- Knowledge of research data management practices
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization
- Experience providing scholarly communication and open access services
- A record of professional, scholarly research activity
Auburn University Libraries is a member of the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL), Hathi Trust, Coalition for Networked Information (CNI), and other higher education organizations. The Libraries’ 2019-2024 strategic plan is available at: https://www.lib.auburn.edu/strategicplan/AUL_Strategic_Plan_2019-24.pdf.
Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application review process begins October 25, 2021 and will continue until a qualified candidate is selected and recommended for appointment. A complete application must include a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and the names of three current, professional references (please include mailing addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers). The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment. For questions, contact the search committee chair, Juliet Rumble at email@example.com.