Art and Design Librarian - Brigham Young University
Salary: 64,500 + DOE
Location: Provo, Utah
Employment Term: Full Time
Posting close date: 6/6/2022
Employer Contact: Please contact email@example.com with any questions
Master of Library Science (MLS) degree from an ALA-accredited institution
If the applicant does not have an MLS, a master's or doctoral degree in Art History or related subject area is required.
Individuals without an MLS must complete the MLS degree within a specific period of time. They will be provided a minimum of 36 months from date of hire.
Required degree must be completed by start date.
Additional advanced degree and/or experience with Art History and/or Design in an academic environment preferred.
- Ability to provide advanced research assistance and to participate in outreach programs such as course-integrated instruction and presentations in assigned subject areas.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Reading knowledge of European languages (French, Italian or German) would be an asset.
- Ability and desire to interact with students and faculty and excellent interpersonal skills enabling one to do so including the ability to work collaboratively with these populations and with library colleagues.
- Meet and communicate regularly with the chair and teaching faculty in assigned academic departments.
- Develop collections and manage content in the assigned areas.
- Promote and provide instruction in information literacy.
- Provide reference/research support.
For a copy of the full job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically
Document(s) required at the time of application - Please attach your updated Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the faculty application.