2022 Samuel H. Kress Awards for International Exchange
The Kress Awards Subcommittee is pleased to announce the recipients of the Samuel H. Kress Awards for International Exchange for 2022.
Thanks to the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, the Art Libraries Society of North America offers a program to help fund international travel and promote the exchange of ideas and information among visual arts information professionals. Recipients receive awards beginning at the amount of $1,500 USD to attend conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
European visual arts information professionals who will be attending the 50th annual ARLIS/NA conference in April 2022:
- ARLIS/NA members who will be attending visual arts information conferences in Europe in 2022:
Jeremy Jenkins, curator, Contemporary British Collections & Emerging Media, British Library, and current chair, ARLIS/UK & Ireland.
- Angeliki Karapanou, Curator of Special Collections, the Library of the Hellenic Parliament, Athens, Greece.
- Sara Melchior, Library Team Leader, documenta archive, Art Library Kassel, Germany. - Daniela Skoković, Library Advisor, Children’s Department, Požega Public Library, Serbia.
- Dana Statton Thompson, Research and Instruction Librarian, Murray State University.
Attending the IVLA (International Visual Literacy Association) Conference.
- Nicole Santiago, Research, Teaching, and Writing Services Librarian, Graduate School of Design, Harvard University. Attending the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
- Karina Wilhelm, Manager, User Services, Arizona State University Design and the Arts Library. Attending the IFLA World Library and Information Congress.
The Kress Awards Subcommittee members were Lucy Campbell, Heather Koopmans, Elsa Loftis, Beverly Mitchell, and Amy Trendler (chair).