International Relations Study Tour Scholarship
Provides funding and scholarly opportunities for an early-career ARLIS/NA member to participate in and contribute to the annual study tour abroad organized by the Society’s International Relations Committee (IRC). This competitive scholarship, established in 2017, offers financial assistance for global professional development opportunities. The study tour gives ARLIS/NA members the transformative benefit of deepening art information professionals’ knowledge of global collections and practices via engagement with colleagues abroad. Donations to the scholarship fund are welcomed and count towards Society Circle membership.
Who may apply?
ARLIS/NA members who have held a full-time professional position(s) for seven years or less and who have not previously joined an IRC Study Tour.
What are the usual commitments associated with the IRC Study Tour scholarship?
- Complete application by deadline
- Participate in ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour
- Assist the study tour leaders with documentation during and after the tour, including posts on ARLIS/NA social media
- Assist with the study tour symposium
- Following the tour, write a blog post about your experience for the ARLIS/NA web site
- Organize any relevant materials for sharing on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Share ideas for ongoing collaboration with host libraries and librarians
- Provide input to IRC, Professional Development Committee, Awards Committee, ArLiSNAP, and other groups to develop future scholarship opportunities
How to apply?
The period of application for this scholarship follows shortly after the registration announcement on the ARLIS/NA listserv for the annual study tour. Applicants will be asked to complete an online form with an attached copy of a current CV by the specified deadline. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of IRC members, and applicants will be notified of their status within a week of the decision.
A guaranteed place for the tour will be held for the scholarship recipient. Funding will be awarded after the recipient registers for the study tour and provides the down payment. Please see past study tours for general information about these tours. Following the opening for each study tour registration, more details regarding costs, policies, and terms and conditions will become available.