2008 Study Tour, Netherlands
ARLIS/NA Study Tour to the Netherlands.
Highlights of the tours and library visits will include:
- Amsterdam Public Library
- Stedelijk Museum hardhat tour of renovations
- Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven
- University of Utrecht Library
- Delft Technische Universiteit Library
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam, and the project to digitize Van Gogh’s letters
- Bibliotheca Philosophica Hermetica manuscript collection
- Special Collections of the University Library of Amsterdam housed in three 17th century houses, but with a completely redesigned interior
- Evening Canal Cruise
There will also be time to visit bookshops and vendors, as well as an international debate where participants and our Dutch hosts will discuss the different library practices in North America vs. those of the Netherlands.
Registration and Application
Registration limited to 10-20 participants. Spouses and partners are welcome to participate in the evening and social events.
$300.00 USD is due at time of registration to hold a place on the accepted list or wait list. Funds will be used toward lodging expenses. Wait list participants not selected for the trip will receive a full refund.
Participants are responsible for the following costs and arrangements:
For more information about the itinerary, travel plans or other questions contact the group leaders: