After a multi-year experiment coordinating conference childcare for our members, ARLIS/NA has committed to this service and the 2019 CPAC is thrilled to participate. This means the Salt Lake City conference will:
- Coordinate with a local childcare company to provide care for all three days of the conference: March 27-29, 8am-5pm.
- Provide a suite in the Grand America Hotel as a secure and convenient location for the kids to stay.
- Subsidize the cost of care to make it as affordable as possible for our members.
Cost for the care will be $40/day and parents will be free to pick up and drop off their children anytime throughout the days they have paid for. Additionally, they will be welcome to stop in to play or feed their children at any time.
Depending on the ages of the children attending in the coming year, we may also be offering a visit from local public librarians for storytimes and other activities. The Salt Lake City Main Public Library is across the street from the hotel, so parents should feel free to take their kiddos there as well!
Salt Lake City has many kid-friendly activities for your family to enjoy beyond your time at the conference. For example:
- Across the street from the hotel is the Leonardo Museum. This museum offers programming that combines science, art, and technology into an amazing experience for adults and kids alike.
- Downtown you’ll find the Discovery Gateway, our premiere children’s museum. This organization finds creative ways to address educational styles, making learning fun for kids of all ages.
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo is only a few miles away and offers a wide-variety of exhibits in a beautiful setting. Our zoo has a mission to educate the public and serve as stewards and conservators to wildlife across the globe. Weather depending, it’s worth the visit.
- Tracy Aviary is approximately a mile from the hotel and sits in the center of our beautiful Liberty Park. The aviary is home to many exotic birds, including a rare Andean Condor named Andy!
These are just a few examples of the countless things to do in our city, not to mention our state! For a more thorough list, please see Visit Utah’s webpage.
Looking forward to seeing you and your families soon!