The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please email email@example.com. Previous issues can be found on the ARLIS/NA website.
New ARLIS/NA Recording
- ARLIS/NA Committee Membership Information Session recording from December 11, 2020.
Upcoming ARLIS/NA Webinars & Virtual Events
- ARLIS/NA Diversity Committee POC Connections & Solutions series January session: Library Roundtable, January 29, 1pm EST. Sessions are free and private. Register here.
Call for Proposals/Papers
- ARLIS/NA 2021 Virtual Conference (May 11-13) Call for Presentation, Panel, and Workshop Proposals. Deadline extended: January 19
- Society of American Archivists (SAA) 2021 Annual Conference Call for Proposals. Deadline: January 13, at 11:59 CT
- WILU 2021: Visions of the Possible* (Halifax-K’jipuktuk NS-based, online June 17-25, 2021): An updated call for presentations from Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) colleagues. Review of proposals will begin on December 18, 2020. Please use the online submission form to provide your presentation title and description, abstract and speaker information.
- Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) Call for Session, Poster, and Virtual Tour Proposals. Deadline: January 15 at 5pm CDT
- SHARP 2021 (virtual) Conference. Moving Texts: From Discovery to Delivery. July 26-30, 2021. Deadline: January 15
- The 16th International Conference on Open Repositories (OR2021), online, June 7-10 across multiple time zones, Call for Proposals. Deadline: January 25
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC) Fall 2021 meeting in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania (October 7-9) Call for Proposals. The meeting theme is "Sites of Memory”. Proposal deadline: February 2
- Call for applications for 2021 IDEA (Innovation, Disruption, Enquiry, Access) Institute on Artificial Intelligence. Deadline: February 15
Webinars, Virtual Conferences, and Learning Opportunities Beyond ARLIS/NA
- The Frick Collection, Technological Revolutions and Art History: A Four Part Symposium, March 11, 11am-1pm EDT.
- Archaeological Institute of America/Society for Classical Studies Joint Meetings, January 5-10
- The 43rd Annual Association of Architecture School Librarians (AASL) Virtual Conference, March 11-13
- Midwest Archives Virtual Conference (MAC), May 13-14
- Visual Resources Association (VRA) Annual Virtual Conference, March 22-26
- Association of Architecture School Librarians/Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture Joint Virtual Conference: Expanding the View: Prospects for Architecture Libraries, March 24-26
- WILU 2021: Visions of the Possible, June 17-25
- ALA has released a free digital guide and related webinar series on media literacy for adults.
- Workshop in the History of Material Texts. Mondays at 5:15pm
- Louisiana Digital Library Online Speaker Series - LDL as Data. Multiple dates.
- NEDCC (Northeast Document Conservation Center) workshops and webinars. Ongoing, dates vary.
Professional Service Volunteer Opportunities Beyond ARLIS/NA
- Critical Ethnic Studies in Academic and Research Libraries (edited by Ray Pun, Melissa Cardenas-Dow and Kenya S. Flash) calls for chapter peer reviewers. If interested, please fill out this survey by January 22.
- RBMS / ACRL Call for Committee Volunteers. Deadline: February 12
- NYPL National Endowment for the Humanities Long-Term Fellowships. Deadline: January 15
- NYPL Short-Term Research Fellowships. Deadline: January 25
- American Philosophical Society Library Fellowships. Deadline: January 29/March 5
- The Association of Print Scholars announces two opportunities related to printmaking: the Association of Print Scholars Collaboration Grant ($1,000), and the Schulman and Bullard Article Prize ($2,000). Applications for both are due on January 31
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) Scholarship. Deadline: February 14
- SAA’s F. Gerald Ham and Elsie Ham Scholarship. Deadline: February 28
- SAA’s Mosaic Scholarship. Deadline: February 28
- SAA's Josephine Forman Scholarship. Deadline: February 28
- Library Company of Philadelphia Francis Johnson Fellowship. Deadline: March 1
Compiled by the Professional Development Committee: Carol Ng-He (Chair), Meredith Hale, Courtney Hunt, Shoshana Vegh-Gaynor, Michele Jennings, Claire Payne, Madison Sullivan