PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, October 2018
Professional Development Committee news:
- The annual conference is a time to renew relationships as well as forge new connections. Consider volunteering for the Conference Guides program. The Mentoring Subcommittee pairs first or second time attendees with more experienced conference-goers who act as their guides during the conference. This program is a rewarding and simple way to volunteer. Participating in the conference guides program does not take much time and is limited to the duration of the conference. Watch your email for the official call. Additionally, the ARLIS/NA Yearlong Career Mentoring Program will be sending out a call for mentors in December. Please consider volunteering; being a mentor has great benefits!
- Virtual Conference: New Media Challenges and Solutions for Art Information Professionals (organized by ArLiSNAP and VREPS), Saturday, November 10, 2-4PM EST/1-3PM CST. Register here.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- New York Art Resources Consortium, Advancing Art Libraries and Curated Web Archives
Also from ARLIS/NA:
- Travel Awards for Salt Lake City Conference. Deadline November 26.
- Samuel H. Kress Foundation Award for International Travel. Deadline December 1.
Calls for Proposals:
- LOEX Annual Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 9-11, 2019. Deadline November 16.
- Society of American Archivists (SAA) Annual Conference, Austin, Texas, July 29-August 3, 2019. Deadline November 16.
- ELUNA (ExLibris) Annual Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, April 30-May 3, 2019. Deadline December 8.
- ALISE Annual Conference, Knoxville, Tennessee, September 24-26, 2019. Deadline March 15.
- Charleston Conference, Charleston, South Carolina, November 5-9.
- Digital Asset Management: "The Art and Practice of Managing Digital Media," San Diego, California, November 15-16.
- ALA Midwinter, Seattle, Washington, January 25-29. Early advance registration closes December 5.
- College Art Association, New York, New York, February 13-16. Early registration closes December 16.
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committeeto spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Megan Lotts (Mentoring Chair)