PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. The July 2016 update follows:
PDC Bulletin, July 2016
Professional Development Committee News
- Does your library host interns? Help us update the Internship Roster! Use the online submission form or email PDC with changes.
- Updated and now available (for potential/future art librarians in your life): Fine Arts and Visual Resources Librarianship: A Directory of Library Science Degree Programs in North America
- NEW in the Learning Portal: ArLiSNAP and VREPS 2016 virtual conference Future Perspectives in Art Librarianship: Digital Projects and Initiatives, May 23 RISS Journal Club transcript.
Also Happening in ARLIS/NA
- NDSR Art: In partnership with the Philadelphia Museum of Art, ARLIS/NA has received a major IMLS grant to implement a National Digital Stewardship Residency (NDSR) for art information professionals. Applications for host institutions are currently being accepted through Oct. 31.
- Midstates and Ohio Valley Chapters, in collaboration with the Art Libraries Section of IFLA and the University of Notre Dame, are sponsoring the IFLA Art Libraries Section Satellite Meeting at the Art Institute of Chicago: The Art Library as Place: Building on the Past, Building for the Future, Aug. 9-11, Chicago, IL.
- Two new Special Interest Groups: Art Librarian Parents and Caregivers SIG, Web Archiving SIG.
From Elsewhere, of Interest
- International Librarians Network (ILN) peer mentoring program is accepting applicants for the next round of partnerships; applications due Aug. 7.
- National Diversity in Libraries Conference, Aug. 10-13, Los Angeles, CA.
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress, Aug. 13-19, Columbus, OH.
- NEDCC presents Digital Directions: Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections, Sept. 26-28, Denver, CO.
- Archiving for Artists Workshop, Oct. 8, Charlotte, NC.