PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. The January 2016 update follows:
PDC Bulletin, January 2016
Professional Development Committee News
From the Learning Portal
- Webinar recording available: "Using the ACRL Framework to Incorporate Visual and Digital Literacies into Instruction".
- It bears repeating: the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal is now Open Access! (And accepting submissions.)
- PDC will host the 10th annual New Voices in the Profession session, organized with ArLiSNAP and VREPS.
- The Mentoring Subcommittee coordinates the ARLIS/NA Conference Networking Program (info coming soon to arlis-l) and will kick off the 11th Career Mentoring Program. The Career Mentoring Program is currently accepting applicants.
- Four conference sessions will be recorded and made available after the conference on the Learning Portal (coordinated by the Educational Technology Subcommittee).
Also Happening in ARLIS/NA
- Registration is open for the 2016 Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management, June 7-10, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Six Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships are available.
- A few spots are left for the 2016 IRC Study Tour to the Netherlands. Registration is open until January 22.
From Elsewhere, of Interest
- Institute for Research Design in Libraries (IRDL) is accepting applications for the 2016 workshop through February 1.
- Harvard Institute for Higher Education's Library Leadership in a Digital Age (March 17-19) is accepting rolling admissions.
- CFP: ALA 2016 (Orlando) Annual Conference Poster Session deadline is January 29.
- Women's Studio Workshop Studio Residency Grant applications are due February 1.