PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee.
PDC Bulletin, July 2017
Professional Development Committee news:
- Does your library host interns? Help us update the Internship Roster! Use the online submission form or email PDC with changes.
- The ARLIS/NA Core Competencies for Art Information Professionals has been published online as a revised edition by Karen Stafford, Maggie Portis, Amy Andres, and Janine Henry, with input from the Professional Development Committee.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- Dialogues on Copyright and Open Access in the Visual Arts: a panel discussion organized by the Montréal, Ottawa, Québec chapter of ARLIS/NA
Also from ARLIS/NA:
- National Digital Stewardship Residency (NDSR) for art information professionals is accepting applications for 2018-2019 host institutions
- ArLiSNAP (Art Library Students and New ARLIS Professionals) and VREPS (Visual Resources for Emerging Professionals and Students) will host a virtual conference on “Critical Librarianship in the Arts” on Saturday, October 14 with keynote speaker Jenny Ferretti (MICA). Interested in contributing? Find the CFP and more conference information on the ArLiSNAP blog.
- Printing Colour 1700-1830 Conference, Senate House, London, April 10-12, 2018, deadline October 1
- Submissions for special issue of Textshop Experiments, From Digital to Print, via HASTAC, deadline October 1
- Chapter proposals for upcoming book, Ethical Questions in Name Authority Control, from Library Juice Press, deadline October 20
Upcoming events and classes:
- Intersections: Technology and Public Services in Special Collections Symposium, Penn State, August 6-8
- IFLA World Library and Information Congress, Wrocław, Poland, August 19-25
- Digital Directions: Fundamentals of Creating and Managing Digital Collections, NEDCC, Seattle, Washington, August 21-23
- NDSR 2017 Symposium: "Blending Collaborations and Bridging Gaps: Digital Preservation Communities of Practice," Washington, D.C., August 17
- International Visual Literacy Association Conference, Lesley University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, September 14-17
- Rare Book School applications for fall are being considered on a rolling basis
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. We welcome your input! If you have something to share, please contact us.
Karen Stafford (Chair)
Ian McDermott (Learning Portal Coordinator)
Stephanie Grimm (Education Chair)
Jennifer Friedman (Mentoring Chair)