PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. The January 2017 update follows:
PDC Bulletin, January 2017
PDC at the ARLIS/NA 45th Annual Conference:
- Feb. 6: The Mentoring Subcommittee will kick off the 12th Yearlong Career Mentoring Program; Danielle Reay of PDC will co-facilitate the Teaching Fair Use to Arts Researchers workshop; new attendees and veteran ARLISians participating in the Conference Guide Program will meet up at the Welcome Reception for First-time attendees, new members, and international guests (the Conference Guide Program is organized by the Mentoring Subcommittee; sign up here to participate!)
- Feb. 7: Professional Development Committee annual meeting (open to all); NDSR Art panel; Mentoring Program Alumni Meet Up.
- Feb. 8: Does the Walker Choose the Path, or the Path the Walker: International Perspectives in Art Librarianship (co-sponsored with the International Relations Committee); 11th annual New Voices in the Profession panel.
New in the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal:
- Crescent City Connections: Developing your ARLIS/NA 2017 Conference Experience chat transcript.
- Coming up:Four conference sessions will be recorded and posted to the Learning Portal soon after the conference. Stay tuned to ARLIS-L for details! Sessions to be recorded will be identified in the conference program.
Also happening in ARLIS/NA:
- Registration is now open for the Summer Education Institute for Visual Resources & Image Management (SEI)! Chapel Hill, NC, June 6-9. Early bird registration available through April 30.
- Six Samuel H. Kress Foundation Scholarships are available for SEI 2017. Applications due Feb. 17.
From elsewhere, of interest:
- "Images, Copyright, and the Public Domain in the Long Nineteenth Century," Winterthur Museum, Garden & Library, Winterthur, DE, March 29-30,
- IFLA Art Libraries Section,"These Times to Us Are Worth Savin’: Documenting the Art of Social Transformation since 1960," World Library and Information Congress, Wrocław, Poland, August 19-25. Proposals due March 1.
- ALA Midwinter, Atlanta, GA, .
- College Art Association Annual Conference, New York, NY, .
- VRAF regional workshopLearning to Look and Looking to Learn: a Workshop on Visual Literacy(2 dates, 2 locations): Colorado Springs, CO, ; New York, NY, .
- International Digital Curation Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, .
- NEDCC Workshop: Identification and Care of Photographic Materials:Daguerreotypes to Inkjet Prints, Andover, MA, March 13-14.
- ACRL 2017, Baltimore, MD, March 22-25.
- Association of Architecture Librarians Annual Conference, Detroit, MI, March 23-25.
- Visual Resources Association Annual Conference, Louisville, KY, March 29-April 1.
- VRAF regional workshop Can We Do That: Intellectual Property Rights and Visual Media, Portland, OR, March 30.