Editors are appointed by the vice president/president-elect in consultation with the editorial director, and report to the editorial director. The term of appointment is one year and is renewable. Both positions receive an honorarium.
To apply for either of these positions, please submit a letter of interest specifying the position in which you are interested and a résumé via electronic mail to Roger Lawson, editorial director, by September 30, 2017.
ARLIS/NA Reviews Co-Editor
This position is one of two responsible for the production and management of the publicationARLIS/NA Reviews on the ARLIS/NA website (AWS).
- Prepare and maintain reviewer guidelines
- Solicit review copies and cover art from publishers
- Prepare and maintain a bibliography of publications received
- Select titles to be reviewed
- Assign and mail titles to reviewers
- Collect signed publication agreements from reviewers
- Edit all reviews following guidelines in the current edition of the Chicago Manual of Style
- Publish issues on the AWS in the required format and announce new issues on ARLIS-L
- Assist AWS editors to improve the publication’s structure, functionality, and content
The information architect is responsible for implementing structural and design improvements to the AWS. Members with experience in website design and content management systems (such as Joomla) are encouraged to apply.
- Monitor and assess site usability and evaluate analytics
- Make recommendations for development of site functionality
- Communicate regularly with the editorial director about proposals and overall structure of the AWS, including future development
- Work with editorial director and AWS content editor to develop and refine the website style guide
- Work closely with AWS content and media editors
- Serve as backup content editor as necessary