The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) is pleased to announce recipients of the 2020 Samuel H. Kress Awards for International Travel. The awards are the first of a new five-year grant generously supported by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation to support international travel that promotes the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. These awards enable art information professionals to attend international conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
European Librarians who will be attending the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference in St Louis, MO this April are:
- Lavinia Ciuffa, American Academy in Rome
- Rebecca Law, Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) National Art Library
- Eleanor Gawne, Architectural Association, UK
- Maria Pimenova, The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts Research Library
- Spyros Koulouris, I Tatti, Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
ARLIS/NA Librarians who will be attending the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland this August are:
- Maria Oldal, The Morgan Library & Museum
- Gabrielle Reed, Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- Viveca Pattison Robichaud, Canadian Centre for Architecture
- Sarah Stanhope, Hirsch Library, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
The members of the award review panel were Jane Carlin, Debbie Kempe, Mackenzie Salisbury, and Giana Ricci.
For a list of previous Kress International Travel Grant recipients, please click here.