Thanks to the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, the Art Libraries Society of North America is in the sixth and final year of a six-year grant to support international travel that promotes the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. These awards enable art information professionals to attend international conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
I am pleased to announce the recipients of the Samuel H. Kress Awards for International Travel Awards for 2019.
European Librarians who will be attending the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference in Salt Lake City:
- Ika Jorum, Librarian, KTH Library, Stockholm, Sweden
- Anastasia Kolesnikova, Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, Russia
- Olivera Nastic, Librarian at the Art Department, Belgrade City Library, Belgrade, Serbia
- Ute Staes, Librarian, Rubenianum, Antwerp, Belgium
ARLIS/NA Librarians who will be attending conferences in Europe:
- Lucy Grace Campbell, Librarian, New School of Architecture and Design: to attend ARLIS UK and Ireland in Glasgow, Scotland
- Jane Carlin, Library Director, Collins Library, University of Puget Sound: to attend ARLIS UK and Ireland in Glasgow, Scotland
- Elsa Loftis, Humanities and Acquisitions Librarian: to attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions conference in Athens, Greece
I’d like to thank Deborah Kempe and Viveca Pattison Robichaud as well as Awards Committee Chair Karyn Hinkle for their work on selecting the recipients of the awards.
Eumie Imm Stroukoff
Chair, Samuel H. Kress International Travel Awards
Past President, ARLIS/NA