The media editor is appointed by the vice president/president-elect in consultation with the editorial director, and reports to the editorial director. An outline of the position’s chief responsibilities appears below.
The selected candidate’s appointment will be effective at the membership meeting at the ARLIS/NA 2019 annual conference in Salt Lake City, March 26-30, 2019. The term of appointment is one year and is renewable; the position receives an honorarium.
ARLIS/NA Media Editor
The ARLIS/NA Media Editor is responsible for the dissemination of ARLIS/NA news and announcements throughexternal channels (including social media platforms) and for preparation and dissemination of press releases to externalorganizations, print, and media outlets. Contents include, but are not restricted to, events, programs, awards, publications, member features, obituaries, and professional notes.
Major responsibilities of the ARLIS/NA Media Editor:
- Prepare and disseminate press releases to print and online media outlets.
- Disseminate ARLIS/NA news and announcements through social media platforms, currently Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Acquire and copy-edit announcements and submissions from ARLIS/NA and its subsidiary groups: Divisions, Sections, Special Interest Groups, Committees, and Chapters.
- Seek new content features and regularize procedures for dissemination.
- Select notices from listservs and websites supported by professional and scholarly agencies with which ARLIS/NA has affiliation and disseminate in social media posts as appropriate.
- Work with ARLIS/NA liaisons to external affiliate organizations to promote ARLIS/NA information.
- Update the ARLIS/NA Google calendar with ARLIS/NA events and deadlines.
Roger C. Lawson
Editorial Director, ARLIS/NA