Thanks to the generous support of the ARLIS/NA Executive Board and contributions by ARLIS/NA members, a scholarship in the amount of $1,100.00 will be awarded to an early-career ARLIS/NA member for participation in the upcoming International Relations Study Tour to Havana, Cuba, June 2-8, 2018. This competitive scholarship will offer financial assistance and professional development opportunities related to the study tour.
Deadline for applications: March 15, 2018
Who may apply?
ARLIS/NA members in good standing who have been in a full-time professional position(s) for seven years or less and who have not previously joined an IRC Study Tour.
What are the commitments associated with the 2018 IRC Study Tour scholarship?
- Complete application by deadline (March 15, 2018)
- Participate in ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour to Havana, Cuba, June 2-8, 2018
- Assist the study tour leader with documentation of the tour, including posts on ARLIS/NA social media
- Following the tour, write a blog post about the tour for the ARLIS/NA web site
- Organize any relevant materials for sharing on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal
- Share ideas for ongoing support for Cuban libraries
- Provide input to IRC, ArLiSSNAP, and other groups to develop future scholarship opportunities
How to apply?
To apply for the 2018 ARLIS/NA IRC Study Tour Scholarship, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your current resumé by March 15, 2018. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of IRC members, and applicants will be notified of their status by Friday, April 6, 2018.
A guaranteed place for the tour will be held for the scholarship recipient. Funding will be awarded after the recipient registers for the study tour and provides the down payment.
Intro image courtesy Flickr user Josef Willems