Reports to: Librarian
The Archivist acts as a steward of the archives and materials pertinent to the history of the Menil Foundation.
- Perpetuate the unique holdings in the Menil Archives.
- Manage the appraisal, accession, arrangement, and descriptive cataloging of the archives.
- Develop and maintain a system for the storage and preservation of the archives.
- Design databases to maintain an accurate inventory of the archives.
- Maintain finding aids for records.
- Bring cataloguing standards into compliance with industry standards, using EAD, controlled vocabularies and other tools
- Provide content expertise and input for the selection of future projects, as well as serve as project manager for archival projects.
- Assist users in interpreting collections and answering inquiries.
- Design and maintain Records Management Program and Document Retention Schedule.
- Design and implement an Electronic Records Management Program and Retention Schedule
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science with emphasis in Archives or Archival Certification.
- Knowledge of archival cataloguing standards (EAD, Archivists’ Tool Kit, etc.).
- Experience with archival databases and database management.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds.
- Knowledge of art museum practices.
- Knowledge of Records Management policies and procedures, for both paper and electronic records.
- French language competency preferred.