Thanks to the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, the Art Libraries Society of North America is in the sixth and final year of a six-year grant to support international travel that promotes the exchange of ideas and information among art librarians. Exceptional art information professionals will receive awards of $1,000-$2,500 (depending on venue) to attend conferences, thereby fostering communication and developing connections with international projects and initiatives.
There are two categories of awards:
- For European librarians and art information professionals to attend the annual conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA). The 47thARLIS/NA Annual Conference will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah, March 26th-30th, 2019.
- For ARLIS/NA members to attend the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Art Libraries Satellite Meeting or another European art library conference during 2019.
The number of awards and the amount of each award will be determined by a review panel consisting of appointed members of ARLIS/NA, taking into consideration levels of need, participation, and travel costs, as well as the overall number of applicants.
Applications are due December 1, 2018 for travel by Europeans to the 47th ARLIS/NA Annual Conference in Salt Lake City, Utah, March 26th-30th, 2019 and for travel by ARLIS/NA members to a meeting in Europe before December 31, 2019.
- Applicants may only receive a Kress award twice within a six-year period.
- Applicants from Europe must have proper travel documents for entering the United States.
- Applicants for overseas travel to Europe must be current ARLIS/NA members.
Eumie Imm Stroukoff, ARLIS/NA Past-President