Welcome to Pasadena! This vibrant and walkable city offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, and cultural activities within a short distance of the Sheraton Pasadena Hotel and the Convention Center. More information is available from the Pasadena Convention & Vistors Bureau. Smartphone users may also wish to download the GoPasadena app.
See below for a map of Pasadena that shows all the important conference-related points, including workshop and special event locations.
View ARLIS/NA Pasadena Area Map in a larger map
All programs are taking place in the Pasadena Convention Center. The Registration/Hospitality Desk is located in the Conference Building lobby. Sessions and special events are taking place in both wings. Please see below for details.
Pasadena Museums and Arts Institutions
- Armory Center for the Arts
- Gamble House
- Huntington Library, Art Collections & Botanical Gardens
- Norton Simon Museum
- Art Center College of Design
- Pacific Asia Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Pasadena Museum of History
- Los Angeles Arboretum
- Descanso Gardens
- Click here for details on restaurants and services near the Convention Center.
- Click here for details on restaurants and services throughout Pasadena.
2. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) (25 miles from Pasadena).
Most Major airlines fly to LAX.
5. John Wayne Airport (SNA) in Orange County. (47 miles from Pasadena).
Airlines that fly to SNA are Airtran, Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and US Airways, and Westjet.
Pasadena Public Transit
- Pasadena ARTS (Area Rapid Transit System) The ARTS buses travel between Old Pasadena, South Lake Avenue, and the Playhouse District. They are easily recognizable by their colorful depictions. Stops are designated throughout the city by a pink triangle marked “ARTS.”
- Metro Gold Line train to Downtown Los Angeles, with connections to other lines. Metro bus service runs throughout Los Angeles County. Base fare is $1.50. The closest stations are Memorial and Del Mar.
- Foothill Transit Authority These buses serve the San Gabriel and Pomona valleys. Base fare is $1.25.
- Taxis: City Cab - 626-584-1000, 888-248-9222
United Taxi - 626-768-4999, 800-822-8294
Pasadena Parking Information
Convention Center - $10 a day
Paseo Colorado - 90 minutes free with mall validation, then $1.50 per half hour. Up to a maximum of $6 with validation, $9 without.
Pasadena Parking Lots - http://cityofpasadena.net/Transportation/Parking_Facilities_and_Rates/
(additional map here: http://goo.gl/maps/OGHJe)
Metro Gold Line Parking -
- Fillmore Station (.08 miles from Sheraton) http://goo.gl/maps/qOj5d
95 Fillmore St, Pasadena 91105. Free On-site Parking – 130 Spaces
- Del Mar Station (.05 miles from Sheraton) http://goo.gl/maps/VeJoQ
230 S Raymond Av, Pasadena 91105. Paid On-site Parking – 290 Spaces
Open 24/7, maximum of $6. Information here http://goo.gl/maps/OGHJe
- Please note that there is no parking lot at Memorial Station.