Reference & Information Services Section (RISS)
Moderator: Beth Hylen
- Study and analyze current issues, trends, and developments relating to the provision of reference and information (including instructional) services to art library users;
- Gather and disseminate information concerning the interactions between art librarians and their clientele within the context of serving the informational and educational needs of library users
- Disperse information about techniques, methods, and trends in the field of reference and information services to all interested art librarians and others interested in the field;
- Develop a system of current awareness in reference and information services of Section members, as well as other Society Divisions, Sections, and Special Interest Groups, which affect the provision of reference and information service in an art library setting
- Recommend to the Executive Board appropriate actions and projects which may serve as effective means of accomplishing this charge.