Annual ARLIS/NA Conference
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at Union Station
Pre-Conference Executive Board Meeting
March 20, 2002
Clarke to contact Las Vegas convention bureau for recommendation of conference
Clarke to investigate Texas site (Houston?) as alternative to Las Vegas.
Goodman and Starr to follow up on LA conference report
Revise conference planning manual for posting on the AWS.
Puchalski to convey to Membership Committee the charge to work with
International Relations Committee to investigate decline of international
members and to recommend action, if warranted.
Regional reps to communicate to chapter officers the Boardís desire that
chapter members be encouraged to become national members. Also to inform them
that the ARLIS/NA bylaws do not permit the Board to approve any document that
says national membership is NOT required. Confirm that officers are national
members. Suggest that brochures be made available at local meetings, and that
information on ARLIS/NA membership be included on chapter web sites.
Puchalski to request that Membership Committee consider feasibility of
Hardinís suggestion that chapter membership be a benefit of national
membership. Issues: legal, insurance, financial liability.
Heagy to review membership dues structure during the coming year.
Puchalski to inform Leslie Preston (Membership Committee) and Susana Tejada
(International Relations Committee) of the formation of the Latin Caucus and
follow through on developments.
Board to consider transfer of funds to Conference Speakersí Fund at Midyear
Puchalski to revisit issues from 2001 Midyear meeting with International
Relations --Committee (size of
committee, problem with needing more time for conference programming).
From now on, Roper to send all publications received from affiliated
organizations abroad to Susana Tejada, Chair of the International Relations
Goodman to contact the Wilson Foundation to suggest that extra funds be
transferred to the Conference Speakersí Fund. Whitehill Chong to inform the
Publications Committee to revise the Policy Manual, Section R-9. Guidelines also
needed for conference proceedings and pre-conference programs.
Kolmstetter (as liaison) to follow through
Roper to attend Publications Committee meeting to present the new online option
Clarke to approach exhibitors at conference to solicit their opinions on
Travel award issues, especially need for long-term commitment, to be referred to
the Development Committee, perhaps to be considered as part of sponsorship
Duncan to clarify with VRAC certification needs for the proposed workshop at
Hardin and Starr to attend AWSAB meeting to consult with members re disbanding
committee or making it a subcommittee of the Publications Committee.
Kolmstetter to report to Central Plains Chapter that their bylaws changes were
accepted by the Board.
Finance Committee to undertake the rewriting of Policy Manual section J.
Heagy to initiate analysis of cost to maintain a member.
Abrams to inform Publications Committee that the Board reached consensus on new
policy for advertising: ARLIS/NA will require prepayment or purchase order on
all; credit card possible.
Roper to have Derek Crosley put a link on the AWS for the new Management
Calendar, and to discontinue text format.
Roper to inform committee chairs that they can send deadlines to her for posting
on Management Calendar.
Clarke to consult with committee chairs of Development and Publications re
graphic identity package
Kolmstetter and Whitehill Chong to revise and update the Chapter Success Book.
From Development Committee: Most will submit a 2003 budget request to pay
for legal fees to help obtain non-profit status in Canada. Marilyn will
investigate this matter with the law school at McGill University and see whether
they can provide pro bono assistance.
28. The Development Committee: Most will revise the donation card form and circulate it to committee members for their comments. It will then be submitted to the Executive Board for approval and will be included in the new graphic design package. A feature will be added to the website to enhance donations to the Society. Heagy will follow up.
From Development Committee: Heagy will report on VRA & ARLIS/NA
contributions to the conference.
Clarke will check if Derek is compiling and forwarding statistics on AWS
use to AWSAB chair.