Annual ARLIS/NA Conference
St. Louis Post-Conference Executive Board Meeting
March 26, 2002
Goodman to thank Conference Committee on ARLIS-L.
Goodman to follow up on Conference Proceedings, sending out reminders on both
VRA and ARLIS/NA listservs.
Starr to look into compiling a database of sessions and speakers from the past
(of interest especially to the Professional Development Committee).
Goodman to organize meeting for planning New York conference.
Clarke to go to Las Vegas if we decide to commit to it.
Clarke to draw up a “job description” for the role of the local chapter in
Goodman to look at the Conference Planning Manual to assess the need to update
it, and to consult with conference committee.
38. Board to revise and approve Clarke’s Product Promotion Plan at Midyear, for implementation in 2003. Ad hoc subcommittee on corporate membership to consist of Gregg Most, Townsend, Goodman, Heagy, and Starr. Clarke to prepare draft by July 1.
to inform Leslie Preston.
Goodman to oversee revision of Policy Manual, assign sections.
DUPLICATE OF 26.
Hardin to compile database of former committee members, to be turned over to HQ
Teel and Goodman to check at their institutions the possibility of hosting
future online board meetings.
Duncan to edit transcripts of online meetings to preserve a record of motions
passed for the Archives at Syracuse.
Regional reps to contact chapter chairs about interest in scheduling meeting
space at the conference for regional meetings; if positive response, to submit
proposal to conference planners.
Jill Patrick to forward to HQ the updated electronic version (Word Perfect) of
Development Committee’s prospect list. HQ to convert to a database and to
solicit updates from Gregg Most, Development Committee chair, next year after
Board to discuss again the issue of Clarke’s role in development. (Midyear)
Starr and Duncan to oversee mailing of bylaws change ballot and supporting
materials from HQ. (May)
Kolmstetter to request the Publications Committee draft language for position
descriptions for the copy editor and indexer of Art Documentation.
Heagy and Goodman to look for agreement with Library Lit regarding royalties for
Art Doc articles.
Starr to ask North American Relations Committee to ask ALA and SLA if they will
sell our publications.
Daniel to inform Art Doc editors that to accommodate Tom Jacoby’s proposal for
a joint publication, all that needs to be done is revision of the Art Doc
Contributors’ Guidelines 4E.
All liaisons to committees to notify chairs not to talk to sponsors about
financial information related to awards, etc.
Travel Awards to be discussed at Midyear, in the context of the corporate
Clarke to inform Derek Crosley that the board is interested in web statistics.
Starr to ask Leslie Preston for recommendation on dues increase, and Heagy to
figure the cost of maintaining a member.
Board to consider how to recover credit card fees. (Midyear)
Heagy, with collaboration of Trudy Jacoby, to revise the section of the Policy
Manual dealing with society finances, specifically the Finance Advisory
Goodman to find history of designated funds.
Starr to ask Jonathan Franklin to post Mills Rouse statement on AWS.
Clarke to post figures on Board-L re graphic identity costs.
Clarke also to get cost estimate on Art Doc cover redesign.
Duncan to solicit individual photos of Board members for the AWS contacts page.
Goodman to encourage ethnic caucus to work with the Membership Committee and
Clarke to inform Derek Crosley that the management calendar will be maintained
on the AWS. Roper to post management calendar on AWS.
Starr to talk to Kerry Scannell about using ARLIS-L to promote membership
Hardin to initiate discussion on ARLIS-L to assess interest in a bylaws change
that would not require, as now, that a regional rep resign if moving out of the
Board members to bring ideas on committee structure to Midyear meeting.
Starr to contact Nancy Pistorius to ask her impressions after observing part of
ITEMS ADDED AFTER THE POST CONFERENCE BOARD MEETING:
Deal with Treasurers records (Heagy).
70. Create a procedures manual which will ease transitions among Treasurers. (Heagy).