Art Libraries Society of
Women and Art Round Table Minutes
1. The minutes of the 2003 annual meeting held in
2. Past chair Eumie Imm-Stroukoff was thanked for her dynamic leadership during the 2002-2003 year.
3. Meeting attendees addressed future updates and additions to the
website. See items 4 and 5 below.
4. Shannon Van Kirk, Chair, shared the bibliography she compiled
on the subject of Arab and Persian Women Artists.
5. Sara Harrington, Art Librarian at
6. The paper session “Expanding the Canon: Women Collectors and
the Arts” takes place on
7. Sara Harrington, in her role as incoming moderator, opened the floor for discussion about the upcoming year’s activities. She indicated that the WomArt webpage might benefit from expanded content. She suggested an online subject research guide to women and the arts. It would be composed of sites with scholarly content of sites, and treat subjects in the various areas of interests/expertise of WomArt members. It was thought that such a contribution would be affective clearinghouse for information
related to women and the arts. These webliographies would function as a complement to the bibliographies introduced by Shannon Van Kirk.
8. Sara Harrington opened a discussion about potential ideas for
conference sessions relating to women and art at the ARLIS/NA 2005
crafted for ARLIS 2005 proposals or used in other ways or in the future.
9. Other new business included the election of an incoming Vice
Moderator, Sara MacDonald (University of the Arts,
Sharon Wasserman of the
Compiled by Sara Harrington