With only five weeks to go ’til #ARLIS2017, this is the perfect time to familiarize yourself with the conference program, scheduling tools, and social media channels. Read on to learn tips and tricks for SCHED, our conference planning tool.
SCHED: Mobile Apps, Printing, and More!
ARLIS/NA usesSCHED to manage and promote its conference programming schedule. You can view the schedule at-a-glance, see who’s planning to attend which sessions, and use the built-in social media functions to share events with your friends and followers. SCHED also features a friendly printing option for the conference program, if you prefer to keep a hard copy handy.
Before getting started, register and set up your personal profile in SCHED. Once you have an account, you can bookmark your favorite sessions and organize “your” conference schedule. (To view your personal schedule, log in and hover over your profile picture/icon and click the “My Sched” link.)
You can also use SCHED’s mobile app or iCal functions, which give you more options to view and manage your schedule from your smartphone, tablet, or other portable device. Your schedule is saved to your device for “offline” viewing, so you’ll still be able to see it whether or not you have internet or WiFi access.
SCHED will also send email reminders with your daily schedule throughout the conference event, giving you another way to keep tabs on programming updates.
Use the SCHED Mobile App or iCal features:
- Log into SCHED from the ARLIS/NA 2017 Program page.
- Look for the “Mobile App + iCal” icon.
- Follow the instructions for the Mobile App or iCal import, as detailed below:
SCHED web app:
This saves an icon on your phone or tablet screen, giving you quick access to the full program schedule or only your bookmarked events.
- From your smartphone or tablet, visit https://arlisna2017.sched.com/
mobile and follow the prompts.
- To save only your bookmarked events: log in first (tap/click the profile icon in the upper-right corner), then follow the prompts.
iCal for Apple, Google Calendars, or Outlook:
This option adds your SCHED events to an iCal, Google, or Outlook calendar. The events are synced, so any changes to the conference program or to your saved events are automatically updated in your calendar.
Printing from SCHED
- To print entire conference schedule, simply click the printer icon on the right side of the programs page.
- To print only your personal schedule: log in, hover over your profile icon, click “My Sched,” and use the printer icon from that page.