The Digital Imaging Specialist creates, edits, and catalogs digital images, provides maintenance of the digital image database, and collaborates with the Visual Resources Librarian and the Visual Resources Curator to provide digital image service and instruction to faculty, students, and staff. This position will provide backup for the Visual Resource Library and for other Library departments.
Examples of Duties:
1. Creates digital images with scanner or digital camera.
2. Edits and catalogs digital images.
3. Assists in maintenance and development of digital image database.
4. Assists in training faculty and students in use of digital image management and projection applications.
5. Collaborates with Visual Resources Librarian and Visual Resources Curator to create achievable work-flow for the production, cataloging and upload of digital images in a timely manner with high quality results.
6. Provides primary back-up support for Visual Resources and secondary support for other Library departments, including the circulation desk.
7. Provides reference assistance and assists patrons in locating resources.
8. Collaborates on policy/procedure drafting and refining.
9. Collects statistical data.
10. Works on special projects as established during the library strategic planning process, and performs other duties as assigned.
This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday 10am to 6pm.
Interested candidates should view the entire posting and apply for this position at: careers.massart.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50689