Department: Academic Services/Decker Library
Division: Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to (Position Title): Director of Decker Library
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week. Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4 pm.
Job Code & Description: S8200, Specialist 2
General purpose: Manage and oversee every function of the Circulation Department of the Decker Library.
Summary of Essential Functions:
• Manage the daily operations of the Decker Library’s Circulation Department.
• Ensure adequate staffing of the Circulation Desk during operational house of the Decker Library.
• Hire, train and supervise Circulation staff, including work study students.
• Establish, revise and enforce Circulation and stacks maintenance policies and procedures in accordance to the mission of the Decker Library.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures Circulation and stacks maintenance policies and procedures are followed through by the effective training and supervision of Circulation staff including full-time Weekend/Evening Circulation Assistant, full-time Circulation Assistant, part-time Circulation Assistant and work study students (25-30 students).
• Hires and schedules work study student staff to ensure the Circulation desk is covered. Is responsible for covering the desk when work study students are unavailable.
• Responds to routine problems and inquiries from the MICA community and regarding Library policies and procedures.
• Troubleshoots and resolves Circulation related problems and patron complaints.
• Advises and updates the Weekend/Evening Circulation assistants on Library policy, hour or work study changes.
• Covers the Circulation desk when Circulation Assistants are unavailable.
• Provides timesheets for Circulation Assistants and work study students. Verifies accuracy of time reported on the cards. Supplies completed, verified sheets to Payroll Office and Financial Aide.
• Verifies that daily overdue notice and hold notice reports are run properly.
• Runs report for monthly bill notices. Searches, prices and sends bills to patrons.
• Coordinates billing with Student Accounts office. Works with Student Accounts office to resolve problems of billing for Circulation related services.
• Collects usage statistics from Sirsi.
• Issues and enforces semester loan access to Faculty. Issues temporary loan access to Continuing Studies, Pre-College, and BALC students.
• Ensures material is placed on Reserve in timely fashion. Enforces Reserve policy and procedures.
• Completes daily and weekend cash reports, is responsible for readying cash register for next day/weekend. Ensures that petty cash is readily available in safe.
• Creates, runs and deletes Sirsi reports daily, monthly and as needed.
• Coordinates with MRC Assistant Director and Library Systems Specialist to make sure that Sirsi reports are running properly.
• Consults with MRC Assistant Director on Library and MRC policy and procedures.
• Oversees the Book Bindery Department and staff. Ensures that books are processed in a timely fashion. Makes sure that bindery staff is informed of library changes and that the needs of Faculty are meet.
• Participates in on and off-campus meetings.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of: Current MICA courses, MICA Faculty and Staff, general Circulation system functions.
• Skills: Attend customer service and managerial training and be able apply learned skills every day.
• Ability to: Organize, supervise, motivate.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience: 3 years Library experience
• 1-2 years supervisory experience may be substituted for above
• Art background
• Academic, Public or School Library work preferred
Reporting to this position: Evening and Weekend Circulation Assistant, Circulation Assistant, part time Circulation Assistant, Work Study students (up to 30).
Conditions of Employment:
• Conditions: Background Check
Physical demands and work environment:
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift up to 30-40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work environment: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Required training: Handbook orientation, Anti-Harassment, Hazard Communication, Emergency Plans & Fire Prevention, Personal Protection Equipment., EHS Manager training
To apply online please visit: http://mica.interviewexchange.com