The Menil Collection
Title: TMS Database Administrator
Reports to: Chief Registrar
Considered one of the most important privately assembled collections of the twentieth century, the Menil Collection houses approximately 17,000 paintings, sculptures, and prints, drawings, photographs, and rare books. Masterpieces from antiquity,Byzantiumand the medieval period, the cultures of Africa,Oceania, and the American Pacific Northwest, and the twentieth century, including significant surrealist holdings, are particularly well represented.
Working collaboratively with Registration, Information Technology Manager, and other staff, the TMS Database Administrator will oversee the conversion and migration of existing data from FileMaker Pro to Gallery Systems’ The Museum System (TMS) and act as the liaison between the museum and Gallery Systems during the conversion process.
- Manage TMS and Crystal Reports and provide proper and consistent entry and maintenance of data for the permanent collection utilizing approved museum standards.
- Work with the collections registrar and IT manager to develop and implement standards of data entry and use of TMS museum-wide.
- Establish guidelines for how and where data is entered into TMS
- Develop and implement strategy for data “clean-up” related to conversion
- Establish and manage access levels for TMS users
- Develop training procedures to insure effective use of TMS by all museum departments
- Oversee training of staff for TMS and Crystal Reports
- Maintain a working knowledge of TMS and Crystal Reports and inform staff of changes or updates in both programs.
- Coordinate maintenance of working back-up systems with IT manager.
- Provide general museum-wide support for TMS users.
- Maintain and upgrade TMS users manual.
- Organize and catalog Crystal Reports.
- Create new reports as needed by all departments.
- Maintain security protocols and access levels for TMS users.
- Knowledge of TMS andCrystalReports.
- B.A. in art, art history, or museum studies or at least three years experience in museum-related employment.
- Familiarity with Getty Vocabularies and museum object cataloging standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assess priorities and work well under pressure; excellent time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with curators, donors, vendors, other museum professionals, the public, and co-workers professionally and tactfully.
- Professional and businesslike in appearance and demeanor.
- Strong organization skills to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to write SQL statements.
Qualified applicants are asked to please send resume, letter of intent, and salary history to: Human Resources, The Menil Collection, 1511 Branard Street, Houston, Texas77006. Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com.
The Menil Collection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce.