Collections Management Librarian
Harvard University seeks an experienced professional to provide leadership, planning and coordination for the development/management of the Frances Loeb Library’s collections. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will:
- coordinate collection management functions: selection, acquisition, cataloging, binding/end-processing;
- analyze/build collections including electronic resources about architecture, landscape architecture, and urban planning/design;
- develop/monitor a written collection management policy;
- lead cooperative collection development activities including negotiations of group purchases with Harvard library units and other institutions;
- oversee quality of cataloging, utilizing Harvard’s implementation of the Aleph automated library system ;
- catalog electronic resources; may contribute to the cataloging of monographs and serials;
- design program for transfer of materials to the Harvard Depository for offsite storage;
- supervise staff: one professional librarian and 2.5 library assistants.
- ALA-accredited MLS or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a collections environment.
- Collections background: architecture, landscape architecture, urban planning/design or closely related field.
- Demonstrated competence in cataloging and technical services.
- Proven leadership, managerial, mentoring and organizational skills.
For full job description/list of requirements, and to apply online, visit: