Public Services Librarian - Tenure TrackMassachusetts College of Art
General Statement of Responsibilities: The Public Services Librarian serves as co-coordinator for planning, implementation, and problem-solving of all public service functions. Key area of responsibility is access services including circulation, interlibrary loan, reserves, and stacks management. Additional areas of responsibility include reference, bibliographic instruction, and collection development.
Examples of Duties:
1. Coordinates circulation services, with regular hands-on desk service provision in addition to oversight and management.
2. Oversees interlibrary loan.
3. Oversees reserves services.
4. Oversees all stacks management.
5. Serves as co-coordinator for the Public Services Team with responsibility for planning and implementing initiatives in public service operations (Circulation, Interlibrary Loan, Reserves, Reference, Bibliographic Instruction, Computer Lab).
6. Develops outreach initiatives.
7. Shares collection development responsibilities for general library collections; serves as faculty liaison in 2-3 curriculum areas.
8. Provides primary back up support for reference and bibliographic instruction services as part of public services, and secondary back up support in other areas.
9. Provides reference service and bibliographic instruction in cooperation with all professional librarians.
1. ALA accredited master's degree in library and information science or equivalent degree.
2. A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a library setting, preferably an art or academic library.
3. Experience with integrated library systems, preferably Endeavor/ExLibris.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
6. Flexibility appropriate for a dynamic work setting, with desire to participate in collaborative problem solving.
7. Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
To see the complete job description, qualifications and to apply, please use the following link and apply online: http://careers.massart.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50428