Program OfficerRLG Programs, OCLC
Overview: Plans and executes programs and research projects that engage RLG Partners in collaboratively determining their future. Programs are designed based on a deep knowledge of the current trends and challenges facing cultural heritage institutions (libraries, archives, museums.) Participates in strategic planning and setting the work agenda for the division. Advises the VP, RLG Programs on matters relating to the RLG Programs division. Position in Mountain View, California.
- Develop areas for Programs and Research to investigate and propose projects that will result in partner and community benefit. Plan and Design work agendas in pursuit of evolving community goals.
- Create and manage programs that engage partner staff and advance the work agenda.
- Organize and manage staff and other resources within the division and the enterprise to deliver outcomes that advance the high-level agenda of Programs and Research.
- Advocate program needs and opportunities within the division, the enterprise and the involved communities.
- Provide expertise and advice on scholarly expectations and research information needs; suggest possible technical and policy responses within enterprise and in target communities.
- Serve as a primary external communicator helping to develop and amplify what the primary Program and Research constituencies understand about and expect of the division. Represent OCLC Programs and Research nationally and internationally on topics relevant to the work agenda.
- Work closely with Programs and Research Communications officer and other public relations staff to develop and execute the communication strategy.
- Participate in work teams within the division and the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree in arts, humanities, social science or information science. (Masters degree desirable.)
- At least 5 years of experience working in a library, archive, museum or other cultural heritage institution with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated professional leadership in one or more of RLG Partners key communities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Project management experience
More details and online application forms at: https://jobs-oclc.icims.com/oclc_jobs/jobs/candidate/job.jsp?jobid=1268&mode=view