Reference and Instruction LibrarianGimbel Library, The New School Libraries
New York, NY
· Reference service for New School University students and faculty
· Participation in the University Library's Information Literacy initiatives
· Provision of bibliographic instruction for students and faculty
· Collection development in subject areas related to art, architecture and design
· Supervise student assistants as appropriate
· Assist in ongoing development of the Library website
· Other duties as assigned
· M.L.S. from accredited library school
· Additional graduate degree desirable
· Knowledge of art, architecture and design fields
· Demonstrated competence in reference and instruction
· Ability to supervise student assistants
Please refer to http://www.newschool.edu/admin/hr/23061.htm for information on applying.
The New School, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.