Cataloger (Part-Time) - School of Visual Arts, New York
REPORTS TO: Technical Services/Systems Librarian
Library (Endeavor Voyager site)
POSITION SCOPE: Assists in all phases of local database cleanup. Works together with the technical services librarian to implement new workflows and technologies, and participates in the design of cataloging policies as necessary. The candidate must be able to work in the evenings or on weekends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsible for original and copy cataloging of monographs and serials in print and non-print formats, and occasional revision of the work of Technical Services paraprofessionals.
· Assists in all phases of local database cleanup: non-standard records for special materials such as exhibition catalogs, comic books, film scripts, theses, etc.
· Original and copy cataloging of print and non-print materials.
· Assists department head in planning for workflow optimization, LC policy implementation, Endeavor Voyager cataloging module functionality changes, metadata initiatives, label printing, etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· ALA-accredited MLS.
· Minimum of 2 years original cataloging in an academic or research environment.
· Demonstrated experience in the cataloging of non-print materials, including electronic resources.
· In-depth knowledge of AACR, LCRI, LCC, LCSH and MARC.
· OCLC experience preferred.
· Experience with Endeavor Voyager.
· Art subject cataloging experience preferred.
Applications may be sent to the attention of Human Resources with the contact information below.
Employment Manager, Human Resources
School of Visual Arts
209 East 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010