Academic Technology Outreach Librarian - Pratt Institute LibrariesPosition Summary:
Under the supervision of the Director of Libraries address and advocate for the evolving needs of faculty and students to support the integration of technology in teaching and learning.Collaborate with faculty, staff, students, and others interested in exploring and implementing technology in the classroom. Responsibilities also include providing general reference service and participating in the information literacy program. This is a full-time twelve (12) month per year tenure-track faculty position at the assistant professor rank.
- Assume a major role in identifying and implementing emerging technologies and best practices for the Libraries and the Institute. Research and recommend new technologies to improve teaching and learning
- Provide individual consultations and group workshops to faculty to assist them in using new technologies in their teaching with explicit concern for faculty members' individual teaching goals.
- Provide proactive instruction to faculty and students on how to develop, evaluate and use instructional technology in the classroom and studio.
- Provide outreach and training about new digital services and resources.
- Create instructional documentation.
- Provide training opportunities for other librarians and library staff.
- Provide library general reference service and library instruction including evening and weekend duty.
- Collaborate with librarians, technology staff and faculty to introduce emerging technologies in the promotion of information literacy.
- Provide collaborative leadership bringing faculty, student and staff user communities together to develop solutions to educational technology challenges.
- Participate in Library and Institute committees, task forces and teams and in the development of library policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Salary: Mid $40's commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- An ALA-accredited M.L.S. is required.
- A second Master's degree in an art-related discipline is preferred.
- Two years' relevant experience in an academic environment; experience working in a multi-platform computing environment; and higher education level teaching experience are required.
- Experience with image presentation packages such as Luna's Insight, learning management systems such as Blackboard, and open-source educational and digital library applications preferred.
- Must have familiarity with commonly used computing, web, and digital multi-media technologies.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have a commitment to service, teaching, training and innovation as well as flexibility and the ability and desire to work in diverse environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member required.
Please submit your resume/C.V. with cover letter with the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Chair, Academic Technology Outreach Librarian Search
c/o Assistant to the Director
Pratt Institute Libraries
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11205
***Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. will be required upon employment.***
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER