Assistant/Associate Professor - SILS - Digital Libraries and ArchivesPosition Summary:
School: Information and Library Science
This is a full-time tenure-track faculty position at the assistant/associate professor rank, available Fall 2006 or thereafter. The selected applicant will teach and
conduct research in the area of digital libraries, archives, special collections and digital media; and will help to enrich and develop our programs in these
areas including the archives certificate program, cultural informatics concentration and museum libraries certificate.
- Teach three courses per semester including core courses as well as courses in area of specialization.
- Serve as an advisor to SILS students.
- Develop courses and help build programs in area of
specialization, and contribute to curriculum development.
- Conduct research in digital libraries and archives or a related field.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and present at professional conferences.
- Serve on School and Institute committees and participate in related school activites and institute-wide initiatives.
- Interface with our museum and research library partners.
- Contribute to the life of the school
- Perform all other related activities as required.
- PhD in library and information science or a related field required.
- For applicants with a PhD in a field other than LIS, preference will be given to a PhD in computer science, digital media and information systems and related fields.
- Educational background and experience in the arts and humanities as related to studies in cultural informatics desirable.
- College-level teaching experience, preferably in a graduate program in LIS, required.
- Must have some professional library, archives and/or digital media experience.
- Should have a wide range of skills and knowledge in digital libraries from digital technology to the design, construction and evaluation of digital libraries and
digital library Web sites.
- Should have demonstrated potential for leadership in research and professional service.
Please submit a cover letter, a CV, the names and contact information for three professional references, and a brief statement on teaching areas and research
Office of the Dean
School of Information and Library Science
Position Code DLA
144 West 14th Street - 6th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10011
Fax: (212) 367-2492
Please visit our website at www.pratt.edu/jobs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER