Assistant/Associate Professor - SILS- Information Management and Technology/Position Summary:
School: Information and Library Science
This is a full-time tenure-track tenure-track faculty position at the assistant/associate professor rank, available Fall 2006 or thereafter. The selected applicant will teach and conduct research in the field of information management and technology/research methods and will help to enrich and develop the Pratt-SILS degree and certificate programs.
- Teach three courses per semester including research methods.
- Serve as an advisor to SILS students.
- Develop courses and help build programs in a range of areas related to information management and technology, and contribute to curriculum development.
- Conduct research in information management and technology.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals and present at professional conferences.
- Serve on School and Institute committees and participate in related school activities and institute-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the life of the school.
- Perform all other related activities as required.
- PhD in library and information science or a related field required.
- For applicants with a PhD in a field other than LIS, preference will be given to a PhD in a field related to information management and technology.
- College level teaching experience, preferably in a graduate program in LIS, required.
- Must have some professional experience related to information management and technology.
- Publications demonstrating research methods application required.
- Should have demonstrated potential for leadership in research and professional service.
Please submit a cover letter, a CV, the names and contact information for three professional references, and a brief statement on teaching areas and research
Office of the Dean
School of Information and Library Science
Position Code IMAP
144 West 14th Street - 6th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10011
Fax: (212) 367-2492
Please visit our website at www.pratt.edu/jobs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER