Dean of SCAD Libraries
The SCAD libraries are focal points for information, learning, inspiration and research, contributing to every aspect of academic and intellectual life at SCAD.
As dean of SCAD libraries, you will articulate and implement an innovative, integrated, and comprehensive strategic vision for all SCAD library locations, implementing this vision with the head librarians at all SCAD library locations and providing oversight and direction for the growth of libraries throughout the university.
SCAD libraries consist of four geographic locations as well as an extensive digital presence to serve the university community. As a whole, SCAD libraries' collection provides access to more than 200,000 books, 900 current print serials, a wide variety of special collections items, 12,000 full-text e-journals, 30,000 e-books and more than 1 million digital images. Each collection has unique strengths to meet the needs of that particular SCAD location. More than 30 full- and part-time staff members maintain library resources and are available to assist students, staff and professors.
- ALA-accredited M.L.S.
- Ph.D., M.B.A. or M.P.A. preferred
- undergraduate degree in a subject taught at SCAD preferred
- a minimum of 10 years experience in librarianship, including a demonstrated record of progressively responsible leadership, management, financial and administrative experience
- understanding of the library resources needed for instructional and scholarly support of students and professors
- familiarity with traditional and emerging information resources and library technologies
- background in managing a multi-location library system is highly recommended
- ability to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment
- excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- provide strategic vision, oversight, and direction for the growth of a multi-campus library system
- oversee head librarians in activities related to the development of collections, reference services, and access services
- propose and direct the development and administration of library budgets
- participate in all accreditation processes and ensure that libraries comply with and/or surpass accreditation requirements
- work closely with the dean of learning resources and college administration to maintain communication and integrate library resources and services across locations
- represent the college at meetings and conferences and participate in professional development opportunities.
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions:
Should you have questions regarding your application package, you may submit an email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.