APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL February 7, 2014 OR UNTIL THE TRIP IS FULL.
A Study Tour is a great opportunity to visit colleagues, their collections, and tour relevant cultural institutions while representing ARLIS/NA and your home institution. Past tours include library visits, business meetings, collections presentations, and are often in conjunction with conferences, symposiums, or colloquiums. Applications for ARLIS/NA Study Tours will be accepted for current ARLIS/NA members working or currently seeking employment as arts information professionals. Spouses, partners, or friends of Study Tour participants are welcome to travel with participants, however inclusion in tour activities or special events is at the discretion of the hosts.
An agenda is constructed by the tour leader in conjunction with hosts in the chosen location. All items on the agenda are by formal invitation of the hosts and the following guidelines are recommended for all scheduled activities:
- Participants are expected to participate in the agenda provided by the host(s) and plan to visit local sites either before or after the Study Tour.
- Study Tour schedules often begin early in the morning and include multiple visits throughout the entire day. Sometimes meals are included or time is allotted for meals on one’s own. It is important that all participants arrive at designated meeting points on time in order to keep the schedule accurate for all our hosts.
- As representatives of ARLIS/NA and their institutions, participants should dress in a manner that is appropriate for business and wear shoes comfortable for extensive walking and standing.
- Please refrain from separating from the group while in transit between tour locations.
- Our hosts often include their supervising directors, or other VIP administrators, in our meetings and tours. Please be prepared to participate in discussions related to the arts information profession and follow all security rules provided by the host institution when invited to examine collections.
- Not all items on the agenda will be of interest to everyone in a group, however our hosts will expect the entire group to participate and will plan activities based on our full number.
- If a participant is unable to attend a scheduled part of the agenda, it is advised that the tour leader be informed before the activity. Participants are also recommended to send a note of regret to the host.
- Many countries and cultures that we visit are very generous with receptions and souvenir gifts. It is recommended that participants bring business cards, brochures, and/or small hostess gifts that represent their institution. Participants should also plan to send thank you notes or emails after the trip is complete.
Download Release and Assumption of Risk Form
BY SUBMITING THIS INFORMATION/FORM I VERIFY THAT I AM A CURRENT MEMBER OF ARLIS/NA AND WILL COMPLY WITH THE GUIDELINES STATED ABOVE AND HAVE AGREED TO THE TERMS OF THE RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK DOCUMENT ATTACHED.
For more information about the itinerary, travel plans or other questions contact Group Leader Christina Peter