Annual ARLIS/NA Conference
Grand Hotel, Los Angeles, California
Executive Board Meeting
items (in agenda order):
item: Jacoby will develop donor policy. First draft to be submitted to Board
list for discussion by June 1, with St. Louis CPAC meeting occurring June 23.
item: Goldsmith to raise issue regarding accuracy of database, address changes
reported via ARLIS-L, etc., at Membership Committee meeting.
item: Revisions underway will be completed by Blank and passed on to Duncan for
entering into the Policy Manual.
item: Texts for the Bylaws and Policy Manual related to clarifying: 1) the
constitution of the Executive Committee, which is comprised of the President,
Vice-President/President-Elect, Past President, Treasurer, and Secretary; 2) the
calling of an Executive Session, which is the meeting of the Board sans the
Executive Director, in confidential discussions; and 3), the disposition of
minutes related to Executive Committee and Executive Session discussions, will
be completed by Blank and forwarded to Duncan.
item: Hardin to attend the Development Committee meeting and report back on
their concerns to the Post-conference meeting.
item: Goodman to inform Molinaro of the Board’s passing of Motion #44. An
appropriate gift will be purchased for Mary Molinaro to help express the
gratitude of the Society.
item: Abrams to inform Publications Committee that the Board would like clear
guidelines established on pricing which will clearly create revenue streams
above cost for the Society and guidelines for distribution of older
item: Abrams to charge Publications Committee with creating joint publications
item: Abrams to take Board charge to Publications Committee with producing a
cost- effective and implementable business plan for revised formatting and
distribution of Update.
item: Duncan to revise JobNet text on AWS and JobNet email text footer on ARLIS-L
ads mailed out from Headquarters.
item: Clarke to discuss the issue of a donor database at the Development
Committee meeting, with a report back at Post-conference.
item: Abrams to charge Gerd Muehsam Award Committee with revising Committee
item: Abrams to charge Gerd Muehsam Award Committee with creating a proposal to
increase the award and report back at Post-conference.
item: Headquarters to produce estimates for printing the revised membership
brochure. April 30.
item: Goodman to approve draft text and sign letter to Honorary Life Members.
item: Headquarters to provide estimate for producing online membership form. The
Board had several suggestions regarding revision of the form, which seems to
require far too much information and could perhaps be simplified.
item: Lynagh to communicate to the Professional Development Committee the
Board’s interest in the timely completion of the guidelines for the Rare Book
School Internship and request that they be forwarded to Jonathan Franklin for
posting on the AWS Awards page.
item: McKenzie to add Rare Book School Internship Award to next Handbook.
item: Blank to take reservations regarding the similarity of a proposed
Worldwide electronic resources award to the existing Worldwide Books
Publications Award to the Research Committee, and Whitehill Chong to report back
item: Kempe to charge Travel Award Committee with contacting Thames & Hudson
for funding next year.
item: Travel Award Committee to talk with Gerd Muehsam Award Committee about
enhancing the travel support for the Muehsam Award.
item: Goodman to communicate Board policy from Toronto Midyear Executive Board
meeting regarding statistics support to Architecture & Design School
Action item: Norris’s document to go into the Conference Planning Manual. Adrean to forward tip sheet and bibliography to Conference Planning Manual.