Action items (in agenda order):
Action item: Susan Flanagan to provide list of 25 “lost” exhibitors to St. Louis committee (potential exhibitors who received the prospectus late).
Action item: McKenzie and Goodman to thank LA conference leaders.
Action item: Clarke to look into programming conference software to avoid scheduling conflicts.
Action item: Clarke to provide template for conference evaluation form.
Action item: Goodman to apologize to Hennessy & Ingalls.
Action item: Clarke to provide 30 additional names obtained from an exhibitor.
Action item: Jacoby to have final budget for LA conference, with actual
expenditures, before CPAC
meeting, if possible. June.
Action item: Jacoby to resolve funding for security and lighting cost
for Fogg reception.
Also to inform Hugh Wilburn that some exhibitors want to contribute.
Action item: Duncan to send list of new moderators and Update column editors to Franklin for posting on the AWS. Cc: Roper.
Action item: Clarke to look into software to help prevent scheduling conflicts for Board members. It is best if member who is liaison is the one to attend the meeting.
Action item: Starr to check on concerns of Museum Library Division.
Action item: Starr to inform the chair and past chair, who want to continue, that they should increase membership or consider merging with another group.
Action item: Jacoby to revise committee budget request form to assign mailing deadlines when requests are prepared
Action item: Clarke, in consultation with Jacoby, to add committee budget request deadlines to Management Calendar.
Action item: All Board liaisons to suggest to committee chairs setting up a Management Calendar for their committees, to pass on to successors.
Action item: Clarke to work toward coordinating mailings for cost savings. Assign deadlines and add to Management Calendar.
Action item: Jacoby and Duncan to follow up on request for VRAC travel
to see what happened to that request and what needs to be done.
Action item: Clarke to solicit bids from designers for a full-color logo, new letterhead, book award stickers. (Wittenborn, Gerd Muehsam, Melva Dwyer all request new designs.)
Action item: Duncan to inform co-chairs that committee web sites will not be maintained by Headquarters, and that they must either continue to be hosted at Cornell or find an alternate host site.
Action item: Goodman to search for old paper copy of list for press releases to replace the lost list, and to send it to Headquarters for safekeeping.
Action item: McKenzie to contact Sheila Klos, chair, to discuss the possibility of awarding only one award to enhance the prestige.
Action item: McKenzie to contact previous committee chairs to discuss enhancement of the award. Midyear.
Action item: Duncan to contact archivist at Syracuse to clarify archives policy; also to post it to ARLIS-L.
Action item: Clarke to send affiliate publications to Ed Teague, chair, who may use his discretion how to dispose of them.
Action item: Clarke to send list of non-renewals and template for exit interviews to Leslie Preston, chair. cc: Goldsmith.
Action item: Goldsmith to instruct Leslie Preston to divide up non-renewals among regional representatives, who will call them and conduct exit interviews of persons who do not wish to renew.
Action item: Goodman to consult with Paula Epstein about the name and charge, to consider possible revision. (IFLA affiliate to serve here and on International Relations Committee?)
Action item: Chong to revise language of guidelines for Robertson Rare Book School Fellowship and submit to Duncan for Minutes.
Action item: Duncan to have Robertson Rare Book School Fellowship guidelines posted on the AWS.
Action item: McKenzie to include Robertson Rare Book School Fellowship guidelines in next Handbook.
Action item: Chong to send Robertson’s replacement link--“Educational Training and Opportunities for Arts Information Professionals”-- (when it is ready) to Jonathan Franklin for the AWS.
Action item: Duncan to suggest to Jack Robertson that more material relevant to Visual Resources be included on his site.
Action item: Abrams to tell committee to present evidence that there is a market for the publication on how to find reviews of new serials; and to suggest that it may be more appropriately disseminated on the web, linked to the AWS.
Action item: McKenzie to contact Tom Jacoby and Kathy Zimon to receive their decisions on co-editing Art Documentation. April
Action item: Jacoby to consider impact on 2002 budget if Betsy Peck
Learned stays until spring 2002 as senior editor; also reimbursement of
nominal personal expenses for the two new co-editors.
Action item: Goodman to write a letter of thanks for the new Worldwide Books award for electronic publications. cc: Jill Patrick.
Action item: Clarke to add December invoicing of award donors to Management Calendar.
Action item: Chong to remind committee to update text for Handbook and the AWS.
Action item: Hardin to ask Judy Dyki, chair, for suggestions of what the committee can do to justify its continued existence (3 or 4 valid reasons) or how it can continue its activities within other groups. Board to dissolve committee at Midyear if no satisfactory response to this directive.
Action item: Clarke to send photos to sponsors, also to Jonathan Franklin for posting on the AWS.
Action item: Goldsmith to advise Kari Horowicz, chair, to draft guidelines for award for new librarian/recent graduate for consideration at Midyear. Aug. 10
Action item: Hardin to inform committee that Board wants them to think about both design and content. Consider having site partially member only, by password.
Action item: Duncan to instruct Derek Crosley to discontinue all. Calendars and agendas to be posted to ARLIS-L.
Action item: Goodman, Jacoby, and Starr to draft revision of Section J. (Eliminate historical text.) Midyear.
Action item: Duncan to obtain from Blank language he has prepared.
Action item: Executive Committee to discuss all items of 6D and to report to full Board, with further discussion of major issues to follow if necessary. Contract guidelines are on the AWS.
Action item: Clarke to post monthly Management Calendar on ARLIS-L.
Action item: All liaisons to notify Clarke of changes to be made in the Calendar.
Action item: Clarke to present in writing her ideas about her role in fundraising. Midyear.
Action item: Minutes of April 2 meeting to be submitted by Peter Blank, former Secretary, including the phone call to Schwab as addendum.
Action item: Jacoby to keep the Board informed of the current state of the Schwab account.
Action item: Jacoby to solicit budget requests before May 31 deadline.
Action item: All liaisons to remind committee chairs and moderators of this deadline. Mid-May.
Action item: Jacoby and Clarke to investigate how other organizations provide support for board members.
Action item: Jacoby to investigate Blackboard software (web based) and test its suitability for online meetings in real time.
Action item: Hardin to investigate NetMeeting, as a backup.
Action item: Clarke to add this duty to Management Calendar.
Action item: Clarke to inform Board if supplement to Handbook is possible. Also to inform Board of the fields in the membership database.
Action item: Clarke to add August 11-13 meeting to Management Calendar.
Action item: Goodman to post a list of hotels on Board-L.
Action item: Duncan to post information about Club Quarters (private