Annual Report (2004)
February 18, 2005
Submitted by Leslie Abrams and Lucie
email@example.com (858)534-3221 (858)534-0189 (fax)
firstname.lastname@example.org (434)924-6604 (434)982-2678 (fax)
Leslie Abrams, Jeanne Brown (Executive
Roberto C. Ferrari, Trudy Jacoby, Lucie Stylianopoulos, Allen Townsend, Amy E. Trendler, Lynne Woodruff.
update: no changes to report.
1. Introduced Strategic Plan process
at 2004 NYC conference at the open forum for the membership and at the
Leadership breakfast. Administered a preliminary, one-page survey during and
immediately preceding the conference.
2. Assigned SPTF members to work on
two major components of the planning process; conducting an environmental scan
(under direction of Lucie) and creating a member survey instrument (under
direction of Leslie).
3. Completed “The ARLIS/NA Environmental Scan: Surveying the Art Library Landscape in 2005”, a comprehensive report which reveals professional trends and the information environment as a context for the Strategic Plan.
4. Completed design of survey. Worked
with Derek Crosley at HQ to produce a web-based instrument. Survey will be
distributed via ARLIS-L and the ARLIS/NA website in early 2005.
5. Submitted a budget request and
received funding to produce a brochure of the Strategic Plan when
Plan: not applicable.
Issues for Executive
Board: Recommend that HQ invest in web
survey software for the benefit of all official ARLIS/NA groups.
Goals for 2005: