Adeane Bregman, Co-Chair
Phone: (617) 552-3136
Fax: (617) 552-0510
Kathryn L. Corcoran, Co-Chair
Phone: (315) 797-0000 ext. 2228
Fax: (315) 797-5608
Leslie Preston and Heather Topcik, Co-Chairs; they resigned in August. Adeane
Bregman and Kathryn L. Corcoran became Co-Chairs. Janine Henri is the incoming
Chair for 2004.
Executive Board Liaison:
Margaret Boylan, Tamara Fultz, Gladys Markoff-Sotomayor.
· Non-renewals: Committee members received sections of the list of members who did not renew, and attempted to contact them by email and telephone. As a result, 100 nonrenewals renewed their membership. At the business meeting in New York, the committee will review the project and decide if it will recommend that it should be done every year, and ways to improve the process.
· Membership form: The committee looked at both the online and print versions of the 2004 ARLIS/NA membership form and recommended that they include the same information.
· Membership reports and status of membership: Vicki Roper emails monthly reports to the Committee.
· Dues restructuring: Allen Townsend (President, ARLIS/NA) emailed to the Committee his suggestions for new and simplified dues structure; Committee members reviewed the proposed dues structure.
· Outreach to library schools: The committee was commended by Heather Ball, Chair of the Professional Development Committee, on the significant increase in the number of LIS student applicants for the ARLIS/NA Internship Award due to the LIS communication channels established by the Committee.
Student chapters and student members:
There were 71 student members for
2004; 48 were new. New student memberships are the largest category of new
ARLIS/NA Strategic Plan 2000-2005, Progress on Action Items: