Publications Committee, ARLIS/NA
February 15, 2002
Submitted by Kathryn L.
Phone (315) 797-0000 ext. 2228
Fax (315) 797-5608
Email address: email@example.com
Kathryn L. Corcoran, Chair
Leslie Abrams, Board Liaison
Roberto C. Ferrari, Chair, AWS Advisory Board
Paul Glassman, Editor, Occasional Papers
Jennifer Hehman, Bibliographic Notes Column Editor, ARLIS/NA Update
Tom Jacoby, Editor, Art Documentation (Incoming)
Betsy Peck Learned, Editor, Art Documentation & At-Large Member
Eileen Markson, Copy Editor, Art Documentation
Stephanie Sigala, Editor, Art Documentation
Joan Stahl, Review Editor, Art Documentation
Linda Zieper, Editor, ARLIS/NA Update
Kathy Zimon, Editor, Art Documentation (Incoming)
Betsy Peck Learned, Incoming
1. Annual business meeting: March 31, 2001, Los Angeles
2. Occasional Paper No. 13 will be published in March 2002, in time for the joint ARLIS/VRA conference. This OP is edited by Jeanne Brown, and is titled Library Instruction for Students in Design Disciplines: Scenarios, Exercises and Techniques.
3. Occasional Papers business plan: OP Editor Paul Glassman developed a procedure for submitting a business plan (financial analysis of costs, projected sales, etc.) for OP proposals submitted to the Board for review.
4. Update continued to be published in two formats: paper mailed to members who requested paper, and PDF files on AWS. Institutional members continued to receive the paper version. Committee members agreed that the format should be changed to plain text HTML mounted on AWS and a simple two-column paper version; the February 2002 issue will be the first issue in the new format.
The Committee agreed to eliminate JobNet postings from Update.
5. Art Documentation co-editors Stephanie Sigala and Betsy Peck Learned resigned at the end of 2001. The new co-editors are Tom Jacoby and Kathy Zimon.
6. Sales and inventory reports for Occasional Papers are sent monthly to the Chair by Vicky Roper and forwarded to OP Editor.
1. Decide if the Committee should proceed with drafting guidelines on joint publications.
2. Review the state of ARLIS/NA archives at Syracuse University.
3. Develop an advertising and promotion plan for Occasional Papers.
1. “Strengthen OP program by establishing specifications including style sheet and design templates, initiate regular promotion of all in-print Ops, and financial analysis on proposed new OPs.” The style sheet and financial analysis were done. Promotion and advertising are a goal.
2. “Create proactive plan for producing more ARLIS/NA publications electronically as downloadable files as well as web-accessible sites.” Update will change with February 2002 issue from PDF to plain text HTML.
3. “Create guidelines and procedures for publishing pre-conference program and session summaries, as well as posting conference individual papers, session reports and full conference proceedings.” The Committee did not address this item.